Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 06, 2007

1 Year Old! (Part 3: The Party)



I worked on his 2 cakes till 2:30 in the morning. I was so sad to cut into them!


He was not all that impressed with my hard work. The cake experience brought him to tears!

Luckily, the cupcakes were a hit with the other kids!






His face in this picture cracks me up!



Daniel was showing him how his new 4-wheeler worked.


He wasn't being very cooperative with picture-taking. I'll have to get pictures from other family members, because the pictures I've got on here are the only family pics I've got.



Max and Zoe Grace
Having fun with his toy from Pa Pa.

He was dressed at the beginning of the party. I took his clothes off for the cake eating (which apparently I could have kept them on) and I really wish I had put them back on, because he's in just a diaper in all the pictures from the rest of the day. He was a little overwhelmed by all the people, but seemed to have a fun time after he warmed up a bit. He never did enjoy the cake, but that's alright. If we thought our house had been taken over by toys before the party, we were wrong. Now the house really is taken over! I don't know where to keep everything! It's still so hard to believe he's ONE! My, how our lives have changed in just ONE year! My friend Kim's little girl just turned one and I am stealing some very quotable words from her. Kim, you said it all too perfect! (She has a girl, so I'm changing it a tad) "Its amazing how fast a year goes by, how fast they change, how you get use to living on less sleep, how you keep learning even though we often think we just figured him out, how our wild nights now include making fools of ourselves to get a laugh, how we don't know what we ever did before him, how your heart can break when he has his first little cold, how I'd rather be no where else than with him, how one little boy can steal your heart instantly, and how life is so much more wonderful now with him in it. We realize he is a gift from God and we couldn't love anything more."

12 Comments:

At Thu Sep 06, 02:36:00 PM PDT, Blogger Amanda said...

Impressive cakes Kel! I am proud of you!! Looks like Max had a great birthday party! Give him a hug and kiss for us! love you all!

 
At Thu Sep 06, 03:19:00 PM PDT, Blogger Mittig family said...

Great job on the cakes! I love that he's in a diaper for his pictures-we laugh because we have closets full of cute clothes for the kids and all my favorite pictures are them in a diaper or their PJs! I'm glad Max had such a great birthday!

 
At Thu Sep 06, 03:40:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all the pics Kel! The words you wrote were beautiful and brought tears to my eyes :) Max truly is a special little boy from God, and he is so blessed to have so many that love him so much! Have fun in TN this weekend, wish I could go! Love yall!

 
At Thu Sep 06, 07:15:00 PM PDT, Blogger Max's Family said...

The words I wrote are really the words Kim wrote! I just really liked what she had to say about sweet Adalie and thought I really couldn't say it any better!

 
At Thu Sep 06, 07:21:00 PM PDT, Blogger LB said...

It looks like y'all had a fun time! Lawton didn't want anything to do with his first birthday cake, either. Oh well! :)

 
At Fri Sep 07, 02:41:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lindsey Eason said...

Kelly - you did a great job on those cakes! I think every mom can relate to "toy overload"...glad Max got such great gifts! I agree, Kim's words described the parent/child relationship perfectly!

 
At Fri Sep 07, 10:02:00 AM PDT, Blogger The Blessed One said...

Oh wow, I thought my pablo cake was good. You did a wonderful job on that cake!!! It looks professional! I'm so glad you guys had a great time. The last part is so so true and you brought tears to my eyes too. (sniff, sniff)

 
At Fri Sep 07, 12:45:00 PM PDT, Blogger mkburcham said...

Kel- The cakes are so cute! Great job! I can't believe he is one! God has truly blessed your lives with little Max, I love the words you said, so sweet!
Also,did you cut your hair? It looks adorable.
I am glad Max had an awesome 1st birthday!
Keep in touch!

 
At Fri Sep 07, 07:02:00 PM PDT, Blogger Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday to Max!
Wow that cake looks professional! You did so good I might have to get you to make Adalie's Birthday cake next year! I bet Max didn't want to smash all into it because he didn't want to ruin his mama's beautiful masterpiece!
I am flattered that you quoted me but I know any mother can relate. Although many people tried to explain the love you feel for your child before they are here I don't think I really graped it until the moment she arrived.
I'm so thankful we've been able to share such wonderful experiences of this 1st year!
May God bless us with many more!

 
At Fri Sep 07, 07:03:00 PM PDT, Blogger Kimberly said...

By the way-I meant grasped not graped in my comment above. OOps!

 
At Sat Sep 08, 09:28:00 PM PDT, Blogger Michael and Hannah said...

Great job on the cakes! I'm glad that joy you're feeling this year outweighs the pain you went through last year. God is good!

 
At Sun Sep 09, 11:45:00 AM PDT, Blogger Alison (Abby's Mom) said...

What great pictures! He is a total doll. I found your story through Gavin Parker's website and I pray for his continued health and well-being.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home