Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

11 Months

Yet another month has flown by and yet again, I can't believe it! The next time I post a month update, we will be celebrating Max's first birthday. I haven't posted a lot of pictures lately, so I thought I would post a few from this past month that make me smile.

I also want to write a few things he's doing these days so I won't forget. He loves to open and shut doors, but cries when he shuts it because he has either shut himself in a room and can't see me, or has shut the door and wants it back open. He loves to point. Not necessarily at anything specific, just points around. He can pick up food now and put it in his mouth (hallelujah) but prefers things with a cracker-like texture. Yesterday, for the first time, he picked up cooked carrots and ate the mess out of them. He also loves opening & shutting cabinets and drawers. This can entertain for several minutes. He is crawling really well and crawls more than scoots. I'll update this list (for my sake) as I think of things.


If you look close in this picture, you can see his teeth. He has 2 on the top and bottom that are all the way in, 2 more coming in on the bottom, and 2 more coming in on the top. It's funny and strange how they're coming in on the top. He has one in the middle and one on the side that are all the way in. I thought it was strange that the 2 middle ones didn't come in first.

This was taken when I was trying desperately to get Max to realize that he could use his hands to get food to his mouth. To all you moms out there, it is NOT, I repeat NOT a good idea to do this using blueberry applesauce (a suggestion from one of his therapist. Yes, I will blame her for my stupidity. She used chocolate pudding, it was my bright idea to try blueberry applesauce.). His face in this picture absolutely cracks me up and I love how his sweet feet are crossed.

Sweet baby. He likes to look out the window and watch his daddy work in the yard in the evenings. He'll sit there and say, "da da da."

This was taken on our 5th anniversary after we had been out to eat. What can I say, the boy loves his daddy and the daddy loves his boy.

This weekend at the reunion there were beautiful places outside that would have been great picture spots. Max turned 11 months on Sunday and as we pulled into the place where we were staying, I told John that we had to do his 11 mon. pics at some of these pretty places. Well, we tried. Max was not having it. I think in this picture he is thinking, "get that camera out of my face, lady." (no, this is not one of the pretty spots, this was just an attempt to get a pic for his 11 mon. bday)


So, we got home from our trip, and because Max was tired, I was tired, and I am completely out of creative ideas for taking pictures around our house, I put him in the same spot he was in for his 10 month picture. And it's not even a good picture.

John doing Max's therapy.

17 Comments:

At Tue Jul 24, 05:59:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tesney said...

He is completely adorable! I love his chubby little cheeks. I am so glad to hear how awesome he's doing. To God be the glory.

 
At Tue Jul 24, 06:37:00 PM PDT, Blogger Katie Land said...

I connot believe how big he has gotten!!! He is starting to look like a toddler- It seems that you are doing well and are extremely busy. How is summer school? I bet it is nice to have the best of both worlds... Talk to you soon!

 
At Tue Jul 24, 07:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger Amanda said...

Hey Kel! He is getting so big! I need to see him soon! We may have to take a little trip! I miss you guys! love you!

 
At Tue Jul 24, 08:17:00 PM PDT, Blogger Michael and Hannah said...

Wow, Max has really grown since you last posted photos! He really does not look like a baby anymore. I love the one of him looking out the window... enjoy it now, because it probably won't be too long until Max will insist on being outside WITH John. Michael has to mow the yard while Wesley is asleep, because Wes has a meltdown if he sees Michael outside working and can't go to him!

 
At Tue Jul 24, 08:42:00 PM PDT, Blogger Stephanie Reeves said...

I can't believe he's almost a year old. He is so adorable! It sounds like Max is just doing great! What a blessing! ....That's wonderful that you're able to work part-time too. Love-

 
At Tue Jul 24, 09:14:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kel all those pics are sooo good :) I love the one you got of him looking out the window! And I think the one we took of him by the patio looks good! I had so much fun w/ yall this past week! I miss yall already! Love you!

 
At Wed Jul 25, 07:11:00 AM PDT, Blogger The Blessed One said...

Awww!! Kelly, he's so precious!! He is getting so big. Watch out! The big 1 comes all too fast. The pics are great. I love the one at the window too, but I also love the one at the window where dad is looking back at him. They truly are the example of unconditional love. I cut the grass here and Jason does the weed wacking. We have to take AJ out with us and the other one has to hold him so he can wave and watch. Max just looks great! He's got wonderful, dedicated parents. All children should be loved so much!! :0) Love you guys!!

 
At Wed Jul 25, 07:12:00 AM PDT, Blogger Gavin's Mama said...

What a sweet boy! Happy 11 months Max!

 
At Wed Jul 25, 12:12:00 PM PDT, Blogger amber said...

What a cutie. I cannot believe he'll be one next month! Luke also cut those two top teeth first. I remember thinking that the middle two should come first too. I'm dying to see Max in person! Maybe I can make it out there this Fall. I really miss you!

 
At Thu Jul 26, 11:30:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Fri Jul 27, 08:16:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I love the pictures - especially the one of Max in the chair trying to eat the blueberry applesauce! Too, too cute! I also cannot believe he's about to be one!
Time really flies, especially when I think we're about to have our 10 year high school reunion!
Talk to you soon!
Love -
Carol

 
At Sat Jul 28, 10:47:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lindsey Eason said...

Those flip-flops he has on the the second to last picture are SO cute!! Do they have backs to them because I'm wondering how in the world they stay on his feet?! He has changed so much since last month - maybe his teeth coming in are making him look older! He's so cute!!

 
At Sun Jul 29, 09:10:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so happy looking and so beautiful. I love all the pictures. You and John are two great parents. polly

 
At Wed Aug 01, 06:42:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe Max is almost a year old! Time goes by way too fast. I love the new pictures of him. He's such a little man. And you're right, John is a wonderful daddy. You are also a terrific mommy! Hope you guys are doing well. Love you, Shauri

 
At Fri Aug 03, 04:01:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is the first time i have read the story about max on your blog. did you just recently put it up? it is almost hard to read it and hard to believe isn't it? it brought tears to my eyes. i knew he would be our little miracle baby and he will continue to beat the odds of what the doctors said b/c of prayer. i love yall! give him kisses for me.

 
At Fri Aug 03, 06:21:00 PM PDT, Blogger Max's Family said...

Kristin,
I just put it up today. I thought it would be a good summary for new people to the blog so they didn't have to back-track through the archives if they didn't want to. It is hard to believe how far he has come in just a year! Miracle Max!
Love you,
Kel

 
At Sat Aug 04, 06:07:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Kel! I just read your summary. What a road it has been especially for you and John! You guys are doing a fantastic job parenting Max. He is a blessed little boy. Thank you God! I just wonder what plans God has for Max?! I love you all! GranGran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home