Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Few "Firsts"

Sorry, no picture or video, I'll try and get some up later this week. Max and I have been in TN for a wedding I was in this weekend. Today he had a few "firsts" that I wanted to be sure and write down so I wouldn't forget. Earlier in the week, he said "da da" for the first time. Not necessarily directed at John, but it was the first time he had made that sound. This morning, he said "ma ma" and 2x it REALLY seemed directed at me! I was so excited I teared up. He was sitting on the floor in my parents living room and he was crying and I was sitting on the couch and he looked right at me and said, "ma ma" and he did it again before we left for church. Not so sure that he connects that when he says that he's saying my name, but it was neat anyways. Then tonight, he was sitting on a pallet in the living room with toys all around him. Mom was beside him and I had just walked in the living room and sat about 3 or 4 feet behind him on the couch and he started crying (yet again) when he saw me. He turned his body around and kind of belly-flopped onto the floor and did something in between a crawl and a scoot and made his way all the way to me. Now, he has used his arms to pull himself across a slick, tile floor, but today he was using arms and legs together and was going across blankets and a rug, both of which he's never done! I would like to thank all of you who have continued to pray for his development and that he would suffer no deficits, because from what I can tell, he is pretty on track with other kids his age.

4 Comments:

At Sun Apr 22, 07:34:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear those things Kel! When I was talking to mom on the phone earlier I heard Max say "ma ma" in the background! He was so precious and I'm so glad yall are getting to spend some time in Tennessee! Call me on your way back. Love yall!

 
At Sun Apr 22, 07:43:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing little bundle of joy you have been given! I was looking at pictures of him again today from Baby Day at church last week and he truly does have a since of beaming joy about him. Experiencing the "Firsts" in his life are definitely a fun time. May you continue to see the joys of these times and in the "Unhappy Times" too. You're doing a great job of continually keeping all of us posted on Max's progress. Thank you for allowing us to experience his growing up with you.

 
At Mon Apr 23, 01:08:00 PM PDT, Blogger Amy S. said...

That is so great to hear! He might even be more ahead of kids his age (or at least ahead of mine :). I know you have mentioned things in other posts that he is doing like drinking out of a sippy cup - my ten month old isn't even doing that. He's all about the bottle. And he still isn't saying ma-ma. He's all about da-da. I'm so glad to hear he is developing just like he should. I'll keep praying for him!

 
At Mon Nov 10, 11:12:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home