Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Didn't see the neurosurgeon today

Kelly & John waited patiently all day to see Dr Burson and he never arrived. Being in the medical profession, I try to give the Dr, therapist, etc the benefit of the doubt. I mean, I work in a hospital, I know he has a lot of patients and things come up. But when you are on the family side of things, you have a totally different view. Of course to us none of his patients are more important than Max. So we still don't know about the shunt. Hopefully Kelly & John will be able to get some answers tomorrow either from one of the neonatologists or from Dr Burson. It is so hard to wait and not know something. Since Max wasn't put on the surgery schedule for tomorrow I came home to Memphis tonight. I am working a 12 hour shift tomorrow so I won't be able to post until tomorrow night. Please pray throughout your day for peace and understanding for Kelly & John as they talk with Dr Burson. And please pray for Dr Burson. Please pray that God will put it on his heart and in his mind to spend some time with Max, Kelly, & John tomorrow. Please pray that he will have wisdom and compassion as he makes decisions for Max's plan of care and as he communicates with Kelly & John. Please continue to pray for Max. His head was 1cm larger today. They went back to nursing every other feeding today because he was pretty tuckered out. He still has his NG tube. Thank you so much for all of your comments and prayers over the past couple of days. I want to specifically thank Kim, Ashley, and Kelly W. It has been so encouraging to hear from other professionals that have training in therapy. It has really meant a lot to Kelly & John to hear what you have had to say as they were pretty discouraged and confused after the PT's evaluation of Max's muscle tone. Also thanks to those of you that have shared experiences and success stories from children that have been given a similar diagnosis. Thank You so much for your continued thought and prayer, We Keep Praying, Karie

7 Comments:

At Thu Sep 07, 06:11:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tesney said...

You're so right...it's different being on the family side. I'm praying that the neurosurgeon comes first thing this morning and that John and Kelly get good news. I'm also praying for you, Kar, as you go back and forth and juggle work, kids, and being a great sister/aunt/sister-in-law. I pray your rest is multiplied and you have energy & strength.

 
At Thu Sep 07, 06:12:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lindsey Eason said...

I want to just give a word of encouragement if Max does require a shunt. There is a little boy in Savannah who is one of 3 surviving quadruplets. He also had bleeding on both sides of his brain and required a shunt a few months ago -the shunt has been a medical miracle in his life and has helped with the swelling. He is improving in so many areas and the doctor believes the shunt is a huge part of that! If you ever want to speak with anyone who is a christian and is living out one of their babies currently having a shunt - I know they'd be more then happy to speak with you all.

 
At Thu Sep 07, 06:22:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Kelly,
With all the prayers lifted up to our Savior over the last couple days and right now, we are going to chose to believe that this, too, is God's timing. God must be stalling Dr. Burson for His greater purpose. We will be praying all day long for Max and for both of you as well--that God may reveal Himself to you today in a profound way, filling you with His strength, His understanding, and His love.
We fervently pray,
Jenni and Kevin

 
At Thu Sep 07, 09:21:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will pray for quick news and that the neurosurgeon has answers soon. I love the pictures that Aunt Diana has been sending of little Max. Such a beautiful baby, and I can't wait to meet him! Love you all and I pray for peace and comfort.

Cousin Katie

 
At Thu Sep 07, 09:53:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying. Love, Aunt Marilyn

 
At Thu Sep 07, 02:05:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God hears and answers all prayers and with all the prayers going up for you (Kelly & John) and Max, I have no doubt the prayers will be answered. I love you so much and I can clearly see there are so many other people that feel the same way. May God continue to bless you all and continue to give you the stregnth needed to get through each day.

Love Always,
Mekel & Michelle Workings

 
At Thu Sep 07, 04:38:00 PM PDT, Blogger Bryan and Sarah said...

It really encourages me to read the comments. I can't imagine how they are encouraging you. I am praying for good report from the doctor.

In Him,
Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home