Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Neurosurgeon



We just got Max's 6 month pictures back and this is one of my favorites.


John just built a fence around our back yard so we have been spending almost every night sitting out there. We put the exersaucer on the deck and let Max play. He loves being outside. He thinks our lab, Lucy, is hilarious. He loves watching her run around.



Neurosurgeon:
Last Thursday we had a follow up visit with Dr. Burson. I haven't really had a great opportunity to get on the computer, so I'm just now updating. We got a great report! Dr. Burson actually commented that it is amazing how well Max is doing. Dr. B has a son a week younger than Max and Max is doing more stuff (developmentally) than his son, who had no problems at birth. He said he looks like any other kid his age. He also commented that Max may outgrow his shunt. I asked if that meant we had the possiblity of getting it removed in the future and he said not necessarily. It just means that his body may decide to start working properly all on its own, the shunt would then quit functioning, and we may never even know that it happened. John and I didn't even know that this was a possiblity, so we left the appointment ecstatic about all of the great news. Like I've mentioned before, the shunt has always bothered me, it has the potential to cause problems his whole life, but once again, God has heard my prayers. However, like I said, we may never know if his body takes over the work of the shunt, so I will continue to pray that he has no problems with it, but I heard the reassurance that I needed.

In other Max news, he seems to have come out of his clingyness somewhat (dare I even say those words). He just started clapping on Saturday and he's doing something that looks a lot like a wave, but not always at the appropriate time. He makes high pitched squealing noises, says ma ma and da da a lot, and smacks his lips. Last night John was holding him and he kept saying, "da da da da da." I'm sure John loved it.

That's all the news I've got for now. He's napping, so I better take advantage of my time!

9 Comments:

At Tue May 08, 09:19:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the black and white pictures kel! those are precious! it was great seeing yall yesterday. i felt like it had been forever :) love yall!

 
At Tue May 08, 09:47:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures. I enjoy reading the new things Max is doing because Jackson is only three months behind him and it helps me look forward to what Jackson will be doing soon. Your doctor's report was fantastic.
Love,Aunt Phyllis

 
At Tue May 08, 01:22:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jelly Bean's Family said...

Great pictures! I'm so happy to see the news from the neurosugery appointment! I will continue to pray for Max. It was great to meet you Sunday, Kelly!

Lisa

 
At Tue May 08, 01:37:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. I am thankful for the latest report from the neurosurgeon - it was great news.
Love,
Aunt Dana

 
At Tue May 08, 07:53:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!! It is so awesome to see answered prayers!!! Max is such a little cutie. Isn't it wonderful to watch your son enjoy the outdoors? Thanks for continuing to share Max's life with us.

We love you all,
Uncle Bill and Aunt Frances

 
At Tue May 08, 08:51:00 PM PDT, Blogger Brooke said...

the pictures are the cutest thing ever!!! i love seeing how he's growing and developing.

 
At Wed May 09, 08:48:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tesney said...

Those pics are so cute. I'm so glad to hear about the good dr. visit.

 
At Wed May 09, 11:11:00 AM PDT, Blogger khovater said...

YEA!!! Praise the Lord!

 
At Thu May 10, 08:55:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is just too cute! I enjoyed seeing him at church on Sunday and even got to hold him a minute before the Baby Day lunch. He and your blog are one of the highlights of my week. God Bless you all! Ann Bridges-Wright

 

Post a Comment

<< Home