Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Wonderful, Wonderful Sleep!!! (and other things)

Getting ready for Santa!!
Cute hat, but it weighed his head down when he was on his tummy. He kept trying to lift it higher, it just wasn't happening.


Max used to sleep until 4:30, I'd feed him then he'd sleep till about 7:00. That wasn't bad, I could function pretty well on that amount of sleep. Well, we got so out of our routine from all the traveling, plus he was sleeping in his pack-in-play, which he is almost as long as, that at night he would wake up at least every 3 hours and often times more than that. Last night he slept from 10:30-4:30 and from about 5:00-8:30!! I can't remember when I last felt so rested! I do, however, long for the day when he sleeps through the night.

I can already see his little personality developing. Sometimes when I'm holding him he'll cut his eyes over to the side and look at me, then smile the biggest smile, then turn and bury his head in the crook of my arm. He'll do it over and over as long as I am laughing at him. It's the cutest thing.

I think I've already mentioned that Easter Seals is coming Thursday. I feel pretty good about how Max is developing and I don't know if he's doing everything that he should be, but I do know that he is making progress. It seems like every day he is getting stronger and moving better. He still occasionally has trouble moving his left side. It will lay limp while the right side is moving, but I wonder if that might show up more at times when he doesn't feel good. I would appreciate it if you would ask God to prepare our hearts to hear whatever the therapists have to tell us, whether good or bad.

I would like to take a minute to tell everyone who has sent me emails that I have read every single one and deeply appreciate every word. If I haven't emailed you back yet, I do plan to. I appreciate all the encouragement and stories about your own children or children you know who have come so far after a rough start.

We read a verse in Wednesday night class a few weeks ago that has really stuck with me. It's from Romans 9:17-21.

"I raised you up for this purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth...But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

Doesn't that just say it all?

May God bless you as you go throughout your day.

Kelly

11 Comments:

At Tue Nov 28, 11:11:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so great to hear all of the positive things about Max. The power of prayer is an amazing thing! I love seeing the pictures of Max, his personality is showing!
Always in our prayers,
Lana & Family

 
At Tue Nov 28, 12:00:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't got to see Max in person, but I can tell from the pictures that he is making great progress. He reminds me daily of how God works in our lives and through our lives. You all remain in my prayers.
Aunt Phyllis

 
At Tue Nov 28, 12:36:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a charmer!! I love the pics. God certainly has demonstrated His power through Max.
Praise Him.
Love,
Aunt Dana

 
At Tue Nov 28, 08:44:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweet baby boy! I can't wait to get my hands on him again. I love him! He's so snuggly! He looks so happy and so content. Max is lucky to have such wonderful parents! We love you guys! Shauri

 
At Wed Nov 29, 06:03:00 AM PST, Blogger Amanda said...

I am so happy to hear you are rested!! It makes it all a little easier with sleep! Max is so cute, I love the red and white outfit. I hope we get to see you soon. I miss you both! I will praying for Thursday! I love you all!
Shores

 
At Wed Nov 29, 06:06:00 AM PST, Blogger carol said...

It was so good to finally meet Max last week! He's such a cutie pie! Kelly, you looked so pretty and happy and content and I know it's because of this special little guy. Can't wait to see y'all again!
Love,
Carol

 
At Wed Nov 29, 08:14:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love him in his Christmas outfit. He is so precious. Always praying,
Nanny Di

 
At Wed Nov 29, 06:55:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kel,

Max looks like he has changed so much just since ya'll were here for Thanksgiving!

I really like the verses you put on the blog. There is no doubt that Max is here for a very noble purpose, some of which he has already fulfilled in bring people closer to God.

Remember not to hang on every word of the therapist. Their reports have been conflicting and sometimes downright wrong. Continue to put your trust in the One who is able to do more than we can ask or even imagine and thank him everyday for the one he has intrusted to you and John. God knew what he was doing when he made the both of you Max's parents.

I am so proud of you and love the three of you very much!

Dad

 
At Wed Nov 29, 08:49:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love what your Dad had to say. I couldn't agree more. Therapists are just humans, but God knows His plan. Just look what he has done already.

I remember the first time that my boys slept all night and what a wonderful gift that was. May that time come soon.

Max is so precious and I see his little personality coming out in the pictures. We just can't wait to see him again.

Our love and prayers,
Uncle Bill and Aunt Frances

 
At Thu Nov 30, 10:34:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie!
I love what Dad wrote and I second every word! You have included verses that have been perfect for every situation. Isn't it wonderful how God's word is always there for us!
I love you all,
Mom

 
At Thu Nov 30, 10:34:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie!
I love what Dad wrote and I second every word! You have included verses that have been perfect for every situation. Isn't it wonderful how God's word is always there for us!
I love you all,
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home