Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

10 Weeks Old

Max was 10 weeks old yesterday. In one way it seems impossible that he is that old, in another way, the day he was born seems like a million years ago. John and I have just recently started seeing a difference between his left and right sides. Max is very active with his right side while the left will often times lay limp beside him. The good news is that he can and will move the left side and sometimes he will move it just as much as the right side. I think the older that he gets and the more he moves around, the more we will see these differences. We are trying to make a decision now as to which therapists we should use and we think we will probably try to start therapy pretty soon. We are praying that the left and right sides will both be as strong as they should be and that if there are any deficits that the healthy part of his brain will compensate for those. We are also praying that we will make the best decision about which therapists to use.

I was talking to my dad last night about how we were seeing differences in the two sides and he could tell that I was upset about that. He made a good point that we have faith that God can completely heal Max and we are fully expecting that to happen (even though that may not be God's plan). So even though the doctors told us that they expect the left side to be weaker, when we see that happening we get disappointed. It's not that God isn't answering prayers, because he so is and has. We just don't know the plan he has for Max.

I'm reading a book that Kristin (my sister) gave me. The chapter I'm on now is called The Sea of Discouragement. Here's what it says:

Fresh strength is what every discouraged person needs. Where do you get your strenth? God. He is the true source of strength. The phrase to remember in the midst of discouragement is God's words to Joshua, "Be strong and courageous." God continues, "Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go" (Joshua 1:9). God is the source of our strength. Eventually we come to a place where we're able to say, "This makes us confident. No matter what happens.". . . This is the message of Isaiah: "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you" (Isaiah 26:3). This is the message of Paul: "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39).

Max has an ultrasound on his brain Nov. 9 and then an appointment with Dr. Burson (the neurosurgeon) later that afternoon. Please pray that the blood has disappeared leaving only healthy brain tissue and that there are no empty spots (like cavities) remaining where the blood was.

Sorry for such a long blog. Just wanted to write some things that were on my heart. Please continue to pray for sweet Max.

praying,
Kelly

8 Comments:

At Wed Nov 01, 02:40:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max is my precious grandson. He is so sweet. Whatever God's plan is, I know that everything will be ok. (I know you all are around him more than I, but I have yet to see the differences.)
Nanny Di

 
At Wed Nov 01, 02:55:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly and John,
It was so good to see you and Max at homecoming. He is precious. We will keep praying for little Max, especially for his doctor's appt. next week. Love, Hannah, Brandon, and Will Siegel

 
At Wed Nov 01, 02:56:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new pictures of Max are so precious! We continue to keep Max in our prayers. He's such a blessing! I love seeing him grow. He's changed so much just in 10 weeks. We love you guys!

 
At Wed Nov 01, 03:35:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will continue to pray for all of you. I don't know what God has planned for Max, but I do know that it will be just perfect for him. He is such a little fighter. We are still praying for a complete healing and still believe that God has such great things planned for Max. I know that it is hard not to be afraid during this process. We are praying for peace for both of you and also for the strength and wisdom that only the Lord can provide. We are praying that you can feel the love and prayers of all of those who love you.

Love and Blessings,
Uncle Bill and Aunt Frances

 
At Wed Nov 01, 04:51:00 PM PST, Blogger Lindsey Eason said...

John and Kelly, I'm so glad to read that you are both in the word - you're so right about that fact that God provides our strength. Chad and I will pray that God will continue to sustain you in times of discouragement and that He will completely heal Max's brain so that his left side will respond just as perfectly and just as consistently as the right side.
Love, Lindsey

 
At Wed Nov 01, 06:11:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't know me... I don't even remember how I stumbled on your site, but I've been reading for weeks now. Our son was born with a CHD called HLHS and has had two open-heart surgeries already (he's 8 months old) with another needed when he's around 2. I guess I was drawn to you from one mom to another. I understand so many of your emotions, the struggles and hopes and fears...

I don't know where I was going with this comment, but I wanted to let you know that I'm out there and I'm thinking of you, John and little Max.

 
At Wed Nov 01, 07:06:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yall have been on my mind all day. I love yall and I can't wait to see you both tomorrow!

 
At Thu Nov 02, 07:05:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly and John,
I loved the pictures. Katie enjoyed getting to hold Max at Homecoming last week end. You all are only human. We are not very patient and we want to know everything now. But it is great to know that God, in his own time, will take care of everything. I am certain that he will take care of all of you. You all continue to be in my prayers.
Aunt Phyllis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home