Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 02, 2006

God is Good

Anyone who knows me well knows that I can listen to the same song (if I like it) over and over again and never get tired of it (poor John). I have been listening to "Praise You in this Storm" and have had it on repeat in my cd player in my car for the past 2 months, but on the way to the doctor today I took one of Max's cd's and I think I have a new favorite. I thought I'd share the words.

You Are Good

When the sun starts to rise and I open my eyes You are good, so good.
In the heat of the day, with each stone that I lay You are so good.
With every breath I take in I'll tell You I am grateful again.
When the moon climbs high before each kiss goodnight You are good.
When the road starts to turn around each bend I've learned You are good, so good.
And when somebody's hand holds me up, helps me stand You are so good.
With every breath I take in I'll tell You I'm grateful again
Cause it's more than enough just to know I am loved and You are good.

So, how can I thank you? What can I bring? What can these poor hands lay at the feet of the King? I'll sing You a love song. It's all that I have to tell you I'm grateful for holding my life in Your hands.

When it's dark and it's cold and I can't feel my soul You are good, so good.
When the world is gone gray and the rain's here to stay You are still good.
So with every breath I take in I'll tell You I'm grateful again.
And the storm may swell even then it is well and You are good.


I emphasized the parts that really stand out to me right now. I think sometimes I get so caught up in asking God for things I want for Max and things I think Max needs that I forget to remember to thank Him for all of the many wonderful and mighty things he has already done for him. He really is so good. May I never, never forget to thank Him for holding Max's life in His hands. I'm gonna go hold that sweet baby and thank God for him.

Praying,
Kelly

8 Comments:

At Thu Nov 02, 06:09:00 PM PST, Blogger Lindsey Eason said...

Kelly - "Praise you in this storm" is one of my most favorite songs!...I'd love to hear the song you typed out - the lyrics are beautiful and ring so true! Praise God that Max's shunt is still good - my heart goes out to you and John...it must be so difficult to have to watch for signs of vomiting - I can just imagine you must watch so closely his every move! We're praying for ya'll!!

 
At Thu Nov 02, 06:30:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love those lyrics kel. i'll have to listen to that song next time i'm there. i'm sorry i wasn't there to talk to you today when you called. like i said, i'll be up late again, so if you feel like talkin later dont hesitate to call :) i love you sis and i'm so proud of you being the strong mommy that you are. give max kisses for me!

 
At Thu Nov 02, 08:09:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly, as I read your blog, I too, have a song in my head that is my repeated favorite. It is called "He's always been faithful." When I listen to it, I am reminded of how faithful He is, even when I don't understand things, even when I don't feel His presence, even when I am afraid, He is still there with me. No matter what happens, God is faithfully walking with you and John through all of it. I, too, amidst all of my requests, forget to praise Him for His goodness. Speaking of Good, it was wonderful to hold your sweet Max last Saturday, and to see the joy in your face and in John's. It made our day!
love and prayers,
Jenni Chism

 
At Thu Nov 02, 08:11:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God that Max's shunt is still okay. I know that must have been a scarey time for you. A virus can be so unpleasant, but what wonderful news that the shunt is fine. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you.

Our love,
Uncle Bill and Aunt Frances

 
At Fri Nov 03, 01:54:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kelly & John, I know this roller coaster ride is so hard, but I (like so many others) am so very proud of your faith and strengh. I appreciate all the sweet notes from your friends and John's family. They have been a constant through this journey. I love you all so much and pray for you constantly. GranGran

I can't wait to have you all here!

 
At Fri Nov 03, 03:40:00 PM PST, Blogger Bryan and Sarah said...

Thank you so much for that wonderfully encouraging blog. We will keep praying.

In Him,
Sarah

 
At Sun Nov 05, 12:58:00 PM PST, Blogger amber said...

That's one of my favorite songs too! I'm so glad that you are enjoying the CD. I listen to it all the time in the car and I never get tired of that song. The words are so sweet. God is so good. I'm going to give you a call soon!

 
At Tue Nov 07, 06:23:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE are still praying for all of you Kelly. We're thankful for the updates - we check often. Thank you for sharing the words to the song. Songs are like verses from the Bible - at different times in our lives we see things we've never noticed before...another way that God is so good. I thought of the great storm Jesus calmed in scripture and Jesus saying in the presence of his beloved followers,
"Peace, be still". God can and will continue to give you peace, especially because of your grateful and willing heart. "Be still and know that I am God". Psalm 46:10 What a comforting verse that is as we face everyday with its many troubles whether big or small.
Our love and prayers always, Diane and James

 

Post a Comment

<< Home