Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Parker Update

This is the newest post that Melissa has on her blog. You can go to her blog and leave comments that she can give to Angie and Donald, Parker's mom and dad. Or you can leave comments here and I will be sure to pass them on. There is also an address where cards can be sent on a blog I posted earlier. I will try to update on Max soon. I have new pictures from the weekend.

We keep praying,
Kelly

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Parker update
I talked to mom just a few minutes ago and she is just now on her way home from Macon visiting with the Hendley's. She said they had a great time and think it helped lift Angie's spirits a little. Angie is still in a lot of pain, physically, but is taking pain medication (thank goodness for some pain medicine)!Mom said they all cried when she first got there and Angie was updating them, but after that they just tried to keep her mind off of things.

There are a few good things and some still up in the air. Here is what Mom told me.Angie is pumping and they are giving that milk to Parker through the feeding tube! She is still trying to get him to suck and is very hopeful he will make progress soon. He is moving a little, like his mouth and eyes.The doctors have said he does not have down syndrome but they are running other tests to find out exactly what syndrome he does have. The right side of his brain did not develop which I found out controls motor skills. That is why he isn't moving arms and legs much. He is still having bowel movements and peeing. He has only lost a few ounces. Angie gets to hold him pretty much as often as she wants to. Mom said this has eased her peace of mind a little, but of course is still concerned. The doctors still cannot tell them what he will be capable of when he is released. They would like him to be able to suck and breath at the same time and also swallow before he is released. He could go home with a feeding tube and they will administer his nourishment that way. I ask that you pray for these doctors that are doing the tests on Parker and that everyday he will improve in some area. Pray for Angie and Donald that they will have some peace of mind and be able to get some sleep. Pray for Angie's physical healing-having a c-section isn't the easiest thing in the world. Pray for Lauren as she is away from her mommy, daddy, and brother often. Pray that God will heal this little boy and he will have the best life possible. Thank you so much for your prayers. I know the Hendley's will appreciate it. I have put the address of where they are staying if you would like to send them a card. It is in another post below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home