Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 27, 2006




Max is really enjoying being at home! I thought everyone might be interested in what he's been up to lately. He has recently started holding his head up and looking around a little. He also (at times) will stay awake for longer periods of time and is showing some interest in playing. He loves to look at pictures in books - especially Eric Carle books. He will focus on pictures for quite a while. He loves to look at himself in the mirror and tries to reach out and grab the mirror and he enjoys laying on his back with toys dangling over him and he reaches out and grabs them or hits them. He loves to be talked to and he will turn his head towards John or me when he hears our voices. We love that, of course! The outfit he has on in the pictures is the first "real" outfit that I've even attempted to put on him (everything is so big). The shirt is adorable and was a gift from John's Aunt Frances and cousins Jenni and Ashlee. In case you can't read it, it says "...fearfully and wonderfully made..." Psalms 139:14. The jeans swallowed him whole! The tag says 7-12 lbs, but Max was 7 lbs 2 oz at his appt. a week ago, so someone was very mistaken! He looked cute anyway! He is looking bigger everyday and time is going by so fast already. It's hard to believe he's 5 weeks old.

Again, we come to you for prayers. Tomorrow Max is being evaluated by a team of therapists from Easter Seals - physical, occupational and speech therapists. We hope and pray that their evaluations will show that he is right on target with other newborns his age. Please lift this request up to our Father. Thank you for your continued support, cards, comments, and especially prayers. We continue to be overwhelmed by the many people who are praying for our precious Max. I'll update tomorrow.

We keep praying,
Kelly

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever! Amen." Eph. 3:20-21

7 Comments:

At Thu Sep 28, 01:08:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the new pictures! what a cutie :) i'll be praying all day tomorrow. I'm wondering if max is keeping you up right now. If you get on the blog soon if max decides not to sleep you can give me a call. i'll be up a little while longer. love yall!

 
At Thu Sep 28, 06:20:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a handsome little man. He looks really cute in his outfit. Yes, we will pray that his evaluation turns out to be right on target and will be anxious to hear your report.
Love,
Aunt Dana and Uncle Don

 
At Thu Sep 28, 06:52:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog and have been reading about Max and his fighting spirit. I'm soo happy he's doing much better. Your family will be in my prayers. Hope the tests go well.

 
At Thu Sep 28, 08:26:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! Being the mom of three adult kids and having four beautiful grandkids, it sounds to me like Max is doing just great in his development. Following your voices, reaching for toys, looking at himself in the mirror, etc. I would say for a five week old, he's progressing beautifully. This is all such wonderful news. As we continue to pray for him, we'll continue to praise God for such great reports. Looking forward to hearing the "rest of his story"...

 
At Thu Sep 28, 10:37:00 AM PDT, Blogger Matthew and Lindsay said...

I love the shirt!! We are continuing to pray for Max and I check on him daily. Thank you for all of the updates. I love the new pictures, he is growing so quickly. We know that the evaluations will be perfect because God is gracious.

 
At Thu Sep 28, 11:21:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the outfit...he's such a cutie!!! He's definitely growing too. I'll pray for a good evaluation. Love to you all.

Cousin Katie

 
At Thu Sep 28, 04:45:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I was so excited to hear about all that Max is doing. Reaching for toys and looking at books is just what I remember my little guy doing at that age (he's five months now). We are still praying.

Holly (Dawson)Noye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home