Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Appointment with Dr. Burson

Today's appointment went fine. Dr. Burson said the shunt is continuing to drain the fluid properly. They took out the stitches today and Max did not like that at all. I'm thinking he may have a lifelong fear of hospitals and anyone wearing scrubs. I can't say that I would blame him! Dr. Burson said that he should be able to do anything that he wants to do and that we should treat him as a normal kid and not to be overly protective. That will be hard but it's so good to know that he will not have any limitations because of the shunt. He said that he has put shunts in kids that play football and in all of his years of dealing with shunts, he's only seen one that has broken and that was a kid that fell off the monkey bars and fell directly on the shunt. He said that he should have a normal lifespan, which is a relief to hear. He said it hasn't always been that way. He gave me signs to look for if there is a problem and said that there is only a 5-10% chance that it will become infected. I'm thankful that that statistic is so low. We go back in 7 weeks for another checkup. As far as the ultrasound goes, I don't know what I was thinking. I was sure someone had told me we'd have an ultrasound today, but apparently I misunderstood.

I'm trying hard to not think about all of the unknowns and to focus on all the good things we have to be thankful for. I look at that precious baby and my heart melts. God has provided so much for Max already and has been very good to our family.

We keep praying,
Kelly

Matthew 6:25-27, 34
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

11 Comments:

At Thu Sep 21, 01:06:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear all the good news about Max. Max sould know some day that he is a much loved boy and I bet he knows that already. We are so thankful to God that everything is going so much more smoothly for you all now. I can hardly wait to hold him. Love, Aunt Marilyn

 
At Thu Sep 21, 01:13:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kel,
I am so glad the Dr. visit went well. Max is in our daily thoughts and prayers! We can't wait to meet Max! See you soon.
love,
Shores

 
At Thu Sep 21, 02:33:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so happy that all your appointments have gone well and the news you are receiving is all positive. What a wonderful blessing! To God be the glory! Max is just adorable. I love the picture of him at 3:30 in the morning! Is it just the pictures, or does he really look as much like John as I think he does?
We love you-
Cousin Robyn & family

 
At Thu Sep 21, 02:35:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalm 138 13-18

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of the sand."

God has such a special plan for Max's life. He has already answered so many prayers that so many have cried out to Him. I believe he will continue to answer our prayers. Max is so loved and that will be so evident throughout his whole life. I love yall, give precious Max a kiss for me.

 
At Thu Sep 21, 03:31:00 PM PDT, Blogger Bryan and Sarah said...

It is so good to hear that all of your appointments went well. Thank God for the wonderful things that He is doing in your lives.

In Him,
Sarah

 
At Thu Sep 21, 05:32:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Kelly,
Max looks so great. We know you all are so thrilled to have him home. We are continually praying that God will keep healing him and blessing your family.
*Max looks so comfy in his baby bed. Love the quilt that Kelly made.
Love,
Brian and Laura

 
At Thu Sep 21, 05:58:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I'm so glad you are all home now, and that Max is doing better. Congratulations on your precious little boy! I have read every update and enjoy viewing all of the photos. Max is truly a miracle! We miss you at Northside. Know you are all in our thoughts and prayers each day.

In His Love, Becky Allen

 
At Fri Sep 22, 06:39:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Kelly,
It was wonderful to visit with you two and Max last evening. He looks so good and is getting so strong. We love to watch him kick his feet and legs and wave his arms. We do believe he is going to be an "independent little boy" wanting his way. Wonder where he gets that? We are so very proud of our Grandson, Max. We are also proud of the two of you and the manner in which you have handled tribulation, always looking to God for strength.
We love you,
Papa and Nanny Di

 
At Fri Sep 22, 10:30:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Kelly,
I am so happy to hear the wonderful news and see how the Lord has worked in little Max's life. God is so good! The pictures of you at home with him are so precious. I know you all are so happy to finally be home. I pray the Lord will continue to bless your family and continue to have His healing hand on Max.
God Bless,
Shelley Faulkner

 
At Fri Sep 22, 06:33:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly and John,
Thanks for updating the blog to include his doctor's visits. We have enjoyed all the photos--both of you put much loving work into his precious nursery. We are happy he is home and acting like a normal baby which is to sleep during the day and want to play all night! We ALL have so much to be grateful for everyday--thanks for sharing your lives these past few weeks to remind us of that truth.
Kelly, Jerry is at the Ezell-Harding - Friendship Christian game tonight. I reminded him that is your alma mater. However, even though he thinks Max is precious, he will want EHCS (our boys alma mater) to win!
We have a 20-month old grandson, John, who reminds us every time we see him what a wonderful part of God's creation babies are.
We send love and will keep you (and the other little ones you have told us about)in our prayers.

Linda and Jerry Schwieger
Nashville, TN

 
At Sat Sep 23, 08:27:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Kelly,

We are thrilled at the good news about Max. What an awesome God we serve. He loves His little ones, doesn't he? Thanks for keeping us informed about Max's progress. We have a vested interest in your precious little boy and love hearing about him. We are anxious to see him again and would love to help Nanny Di and Papa in the spoiling department.

Have a blessed week.

Love,
Uncle Bill and Aunt Frances

 

Post a Comment

<< Home