Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wait on the Lord

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. HE will not grow tired or weary, and HIS understanding no one can fathom. HE gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

I just talked to John. They have had another busy morning meeting with the doctor and bonding with Max. His blood sugar dropped again in the night and they had to turn his IV fluids back on. They met with the neurosurgeon this morning. John said he felt better after talking to him. He said that he feels that a shunt will be needed but it is not a huge procedure. He said it should only take 30 minutes and he does 200-300 a year. He said he has placed shunts in babies that are now playing football. He said that they will probably not do a tap to pull off fluid as this is primarily done in premature babies < 5 lbs because they cannot have a shunt.

John said Max's bilirubin is down even more today! It is down to 2. Thank you God.

Max's head circumferance is up another 1/2cm to 36cm today.

Max is going to have another CT scan tomorrow so they know more about what is going on in there. Please pray that this go well and we will hear positive and encouraging results.

We mainly need prayers right now about Max's blood sugar. The doctors are puzzled as to why it is so hard to maintain. They are testing for many different kinds of metabolic diseases. There are so many different kinds and they are all so rare. Please pray that they all come back normal and that his blood sugar stablizes.

Max's viral cultures came back negative.

We keep praying

12 Comments:

At Wed Aug 30, 09:40:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tesney said...

Still praying for you all!

 
At Wed Aug 30, 10:05:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Kelly,
I am happy that you are feeling better about the shunt. I know all these procedures are scary - particularly for a little one...also glad that his viral culture came back normal. Please know we continue our prayers for you.
Love,
Aunt Dana

 
At Wed Aug 30, 10:07:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Kelly,
I am happy that you are feeling better about the shunt. I know all these procedures are scary - particularly for a little one...also glad that his viral culture came back normal. Please know we continue our prayers for you.
Love,
Aunt Dana

 
At Wed Aug 30, 10:17:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bryan and Sarah said...

I am still praying for all three of you. May God wrap His loving arms around you and hold you tight.

In Him,
Sarah

 
At Wed Aug 30, 11:16:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John & Kelly,
Dain & I are still praying! I'm praying for the doctors to be able to find just exactly what's causing his blood sugar problem and that it's something very easy to fix. You are on my mind a lot throughout the day and prayers are continously being said. God is in control! I pray that you have peace and understanding about the timing of everything, which is also in God's hands.

Faithfully praying,
~Amanda

 
At Wed Aug 30, 11:21:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kel and John,

Today someone told me that a girl in their class said "I dont know Kristin, but I know that her nephew is in the hopital. I've been reading the blog every second I can. I feel like Kristin's stalker. But I know we need to pray for Max" Isn't it encouraging to know that people that don't even know us are praying? God is good. This will all turn out ok. I love you guys so much. Give Max kisses for me.

 
At Wed Aug 30, 11:45:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kel and John,

This email is from a lady in the Bay Islands, Roatan, Honduras. She owns the resort that the youth group stayed at after we had been to Honduras for the mission trip. I just wanted to show yall that there truly are people all over the world praying. Her daughter Susie was in a bad wreck, but she made it through. Just wanted to share this with you. Love yall.

"Hi Kristin,
I looked at the site and Max seems like a real fighter.Whenever Susie was in the
hospital, we always tried to make sure and always think of her as
"God's perfect child." I told all of the nurses that they had make sure and think of her this way too.
Your nephew will be in my prayers.
Donna"

 
At Wed Aug 30, 01:36:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The LORD bless you, and keep you; The LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace.'
Num. 6:24-26 Just wanted to let you know a group from Calhoun Church of Christ is praying for you all. We are praying for a complete healing very soon. With much love and continual prayer, JMAR

 
At Wed Aug 30, 01:47:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been such a gift to be able to stay so connected to you through this blog. We continuously pray that Max's life will be filled with good health, lots of love and unending laughter. We are also praying for you, John and Kelly, that God will give you the strength and knowledge to make difficult decisions and a unexplainable peace during this stressful time.

Will, aka Scutter, thinks Max has Kelly's lips. We all think he is amazing and are reminded how awesome God is to create such sweetness.

Psalm 62:8 - "Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.

Love,
Ashlee, Brent, Will, & Sam Chism

PS - I am sorry that I, Ashlee, am just writing. It took me a week to figure out that you could even post messages!

 
At Wed Aug 30, 03:37:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Kelly,
We are continuing to pray that God will lift up you and Sweet Baby Max. We will pray specifically about his CT scan tomorrow.

You two are doing such a great job being there for Max. It is awesome to see how much love you have for him in the short time that he's been here on this earth. We really admire your strength of heart not to mention faith. Max has obviously inherited your strength of heart.

Love,
Brian and Laura Schwieger

 
At Wed Aug 30, 08:03:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly and John,

I will be praying hard for Max, that the CT scan tomorrow will be helpful for the doctors and show good results and that Max's sugar will stabilize. I am so thankful that the biliruben is getting better, and thus his liver. I am also praying for your continued strength. Neither of you are strong enough to handle this alone but with each other and your faith in God you can.

Hold on, this hard time will pass.

I love the three of you!!!!!!!!!

papao

 
At Wed Aug 30, 08:46:00 PM PDT, Blogger Kristen OQ said...

We are still praying and I am constantly checking this blog.

Give your sis a hug!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home