Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Evening Update

Max's non-nutriative feeding went o.k. today. He still had a difficult time staying awake which i'm sure is partly due to the phenobarbitol in his system and partly due to the fact that he is a sleepy newborn. Kelly is still pretty nervous about feeding him because she was feeding him when he had his first seizure and turned purple. Please pray for peace with this for her. It will just take some time and some successful feedings to make her feel more at ease. For his 5pm feeding the nurse fed him 1/2 formula and 1/2 breast milk by bottle. He took about 15cc before he tired out. After the feeding at 2pm he slept on Kelly's chest for a couple of hours. I know she is loving that time. That is a precious time for any parent of a newborn but even more precious for them.

Max's blood sugar has remained stable in the 50's since being taken off of the IV. Please pray that it doesn't drop below 45 as this will mean that they have to turn the IV fluid back on.

Max hasn't had any seizure activity since in 6 days. Praise God. They are thinking that the seizures were due to the stress that his body was in and not a problem that he will have to deal with long term.

We don't know any lab results yet but I will update tomorrow when we know them.

My mom is heading back to Arkansas tomorrow. I want to say a special thank you to all of those at Friendship Christian School that have encouraged her to go and have almost literally pushed her out the door. It is going to make her feel so much better to know that she is there if Kelly needs anything, a hug, a shoulder, a smile, a massage, etc. All those things my Mom is so good at. I'm sure she will gladly volunteer to sit with her precious grandson so his mommy and daddy can get a nap!! I especially want to thank Veronica. You are such a blessing to our life and we are so thankful that Mom has the opportunity to work with you. We love you.

We keep praying,
Karie

8 Comments:

At Wed Aug 30, 04:24:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
As always, God knew exactly who Max's mom should be! It sounds like you and John have great instincts for what Max needs most. I'll continue to pray for your peace and joy with this precious baby.
Theresa

 
At Wed Aug 30, 05:22:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lindsey Eason said...

That is wonderful that Kelly was able to hold Max for a few hours while he rested! We will be praying that Kelly can nurse and not feel any anxiousness or worries creeping in. What an answer to prayer to hear that his seizures are probably not something that Max will have to deal with long term...we'll continue to pray that his body stays seizure free.
Your friends,
Chad,Lindsey,Shepherd and Rauly-Marie Eason

 
At Wed Aug 30, 05:53:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth...and little Max!

It's encouraging to know so many prayers are going up to God asking for help for Max and for ya'll. They are not going unheard!

We love you and are praying continually.

Grangran and Papao

 
At Wed Aug 30, 08:08:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

I found your blog through Dallas, and I know none of you know me, but I just read your entire blog and it brought tears to my eyes and prayers to my heart. I am definitely praying for you and your family. My son is one year old, and I cannot imagine what ya'll have been going through. I will def. keep praying and hoping for the best!

 
At Wed Aug 30, 08:26:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What a wonderful God we have - He is the father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the source of every mercy, and the one who so wonderfully comforts and strengthens us."

I Love you Kelly, John, and Max!

 
At Wed Aug 30, 08:36:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda Carver sent me a prayer request about your precious Max. I want you to know I am praying for you and your family and am passing your prayer request on to First Baptist Church of Cabot. My son Fox is 5 years old now and so precious but he spent the first 10 days of his life in the NICU at Baptist. He had some of the same doctors as Max and I remember how amazing they all were. God is so great and I know that the God who knit Max together is his mother's womb has great plans for him.

 
At Wed Aug 30, 09:29:00 AM PDT, Blogger Brooke said...

What a blessing that Kelly was able to hold him for a longer period of time. Praise God. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. There are many praying in Memphis for your family...

 
At Wed Aug 30, 03:12:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I want you to know that my family and I are praying for Max and his wonderful parents. Last night I sat for hours and read all of the information about Max. This morning I sent out a prayer request to my entire faculty at school. I then forwarded the email to my dad, which sent it out at Bridgestone. There are so many people lifting up Max and your family. I pray that you find peace and comfort in this time.
Wendy Reeder

 

Post a Comment

<< Home