Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 24, 2006

An exerpt from Kelly's Journal and specific prayer requests

Kelly was looking through her journal that she kept during her pregnancy tonight. She wanted me to share with you her first entry from the day they found out they were pregnant with Max.

~December 26, 2005~
I've been praying for you for a very long time. I've been asking God to give you to us for 7 months. I've been praying that He would bless us with a child at the perfect time. It took 7 months of hoping and praying for you to be conceived so I know that God was waiting for the perfect time to send YOU to us. I can't wait to meet you. I've started a prayer book today. When I opened to the 1st page I saw the following verse at the top. 'I say to you, Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you,' Luke 11:9. I have been asking for you and the Lord has made it his will to give you to us.
Other verses I like:
I Samuel 1:27 - I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you
and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future
I am praying for you and thinking of you constantly.
I love you so much already,
Mom

Isn't it amazing to see how God was preparing Kelly's heart many months ago to cherish the precious gift that she has been given. And she feels that those verses are still very applicable and important to her today, probably even more than they were the day that she wrote them in her journal. She asked me to put them at the top of the blog so that everyone would read them when they open the site.

Specific prayer requests from Kelly
*Please pray that the Grade 3 bleed on the left side of the brain will not progress to a Grade 4
*Please pray that the bleeding in the ventricles will resolve itself and that Max will not have to
have surgery to place a shunt to drain the blood

1 Comments:

At Sun Aug 27, 08:16:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Kelly, I want you to know that God's Word never fails us - that His promises to us are always yes and Amen. 1 Peter 2:24 says that we are healed by the stripes of Jesus. Those stripes were taken for Max. Rest in God's perfect love for you and Max and know that you are in our prayers. I have several people praying for you in my church and if you need anything at all, please call. In His Love, SiDonna Compton and family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home