Julian Family

~ I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him ~ I Samuel 1:27 ~ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future ~ Jeremiah 29:11 Lilypie2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Prayers for Max

We welcomed Max with open arms at 11:14am on Tuesday August 22, 2006. He weighed 6lbs 4oz and was 19.5 inches long. Max and Kelly did great after his birth. His apgars were 8 & 9 and he nursed well soon after he was born. At some point Tuesday afternoon they checked his blood sugar and it was low. At this point they put an i.v. in and supplemented a little bit with some formula. This is not an extremely uncommon occurance a few hours after birth. Max did well Tuesday night. He spent most of the night in the nursery so they could closely monitor his blood sugar. Once they got a room available Kelly was moved closer to the nursery so Max could be in the room more. His sugar somewhat stablized Wednesday and they were able to start decreasing his I.V. fluid. Last night (Wednesday) around 8:00 Max nursed really well. Kelly burped him and started to nurse him again. We noticed that Max was turning purple. For a split second we thought he was straining for a bowel movement. When his condition didn't change in a couple of seconds and he didn't appear to be breathing, we called for help. In a few seconds we had 6 or 7 nurses in the room with us. The first nurse to respond listened to his heart and lungs. She said he had a good heart beat and was breathing. They rushed him to the nursery to monitor him closely. Kelly and John followed. They allowed the grandparents in to see Max and hug Kelly and John. Max had stablized and Kelly and John returned to their room to try to get some rest around 10:20pm. About 30-45 minutes passed and Max had another spell. It was at this point that the pediatrician decided to transfer him by helecoptor to the bigger Baptist hospital in Little Rock where he could have a higher level of care. We were waiting in the waiting room while Kelly and John were getting rest. When we heard the helecoptor my mom and I immediately got a sick feeling. Without saying anything to each other I think we both started praying "Lord please don't let that be for our Max" Before we left Springhill Baptist they told us that they thought he was having seizure like activity. He had another couple of spells or seizures before leaving for the big hospital. Once they got him to the NICU they started him on some phenobarbitol to stop the seizures. Luckily they had a parent sleep room and Kelly and John were able to stay there last night. We (the 2 sets of grandparents and myself) stayed until around 2am. We were allowed in to see Max. They are unsure now what is causing the seizures and the unstable blood sugar. One of the things they are investigating is a subarachnoid hemorrhage. He had a CT scan this morning at 6:45 and last time I talked to John they were doing an EEG to make sure the electrical activity in his brain is normal. I will try to update this site when we have information. If you post comments I will print them out and take them to Kelly and John at the hospital.

Thank you for your prayers for this precious family.
Karie (Kelly's sister)

12 Comments:

At Thu Aug 24, 03:36:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kelly and family,
Max is fervently in my prayers as is your whole family. God is so infinitely loving and gracious and powerful and I am confident that he will allow you to feel his presence in such a heart wrenching time. Your sweet family is beautiful--breath of God!
Love, Erin Sowards (sister of Hannah Rhodes)

 
At Thu Aug 24, 06:31:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kelly and family,
All of your friends at Northside are praying for little Max. We know he is in God's hands. You and John will be wonderful parents and we can't wait to see you and Max. We love you and will continue to pray for God to watch over Max and take care of him. Our prayers are also with the doctors as they continue to give Max the best of care.
Love,
Becky Finley and Northside friends

 
At Thu Aug 24, 08:47:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly and John, Terry and Diana, Jill--We are praying for Max and for all of you as you wait through these long, difficult hours. He is a beautiful baby. Thank you, Karie, for taking the time to have this on-line method for us to keep up with what is happening. We send love. Jerry and Linda Schwieger (Brian's parents in Nashville)

 
At Fri Aug 25, 07:55:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max's family:
i was so saddened to hear that all was not well with little max. Kristin sent me the email and i sat at work and read it and just cried for him. While i know that everything isnt like it should be his birth is a very special event and a huge blessing for your family. This situation with little Max is only goin to bring your beautiful family much more closer in a way than you have ever been before. I admire your family so much for the closeness and the love you all share for each other. You all have the most considerate and nicest family i've ever met and i can only hope that one day me and my children and grandchildren share the same closeness. I will pray for little Max and his parents,grandparents,aunts,uncles,and cousins everyday. I will also share this with my family so they can pray for him also. I wait for the day you get to bring that little miracle home. I look forward to meeting him on one of your many visits to Kristin's house this summer. Take care of yourselves at this time..little Max needs healthy,strong parents to comfort him. Your in my prayers. Get well soon little Max!
Love- Victoria and Aiden(Kristin's friend)

 
At Fri Aug 25, 08:18:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Kelly,

Our prayers continue today for your precious little Max. God has blessed you both with him and he will bring much joy in your life--I just know it! We are praying that the bleeding will diminish and that while we are waiting for God to answer this prayer, that you both will have peace and strength, and can feel how much you are loved. We are so sorry for the worry that you are feeling right now and pray that God's healing will come quickly. Give the grandparents a hug from us, too. We love you all.

Love and Blessings,
Uncle Bill and Aunt Frances

 
At Sat Aug 26, 09:55:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Julian family,
You won't know me but I am the mother of Victoria's friend,Sandy. Sandy called to ask me to pray for Baby Max. Some prayer requests seem to require a minimum of prayer but the request for Max has gripped my heart with great urgency. His needs are with me at all times. I feel like I am carrying Max in a "Pack-a-Poose" next to my heart and continue to pray for him as I go about my work. At 3:00 A.M. Friday I was awakened and began to walk through my house praying for Max. As I prayed for the bleeding to stop, I seemed to sense God's hands touching Max on each side of his head. I know God is with Max and with each of you who love him.
I would like to share some favorite Bible verses that have been a strength to me and I pray they will be to you, too.
"Fear not, for I am your God. I will help you. I will strengthen you,Yes I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
"When I said.'My foot is slipping' Your love,Oh Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalm 94:18-19
"The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One will save. He will rejoice over you with gladness. He will quiet you in His love. He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17
I will continue to pray for Max and for his family and expect to read good reports of his progress.
Ellen

 
At Sat Aug 26, 10:55:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kelly and John,
Thank you for the specific prayer requests. It is good to have a focus as I lift you to the Father.
Thank Karie for keeping us updated and please let me know if I can help in any way. Read precious Max a special story for me.
Love to you all!
Cindy

 
At Sat Aug 26, 12:00:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm from Nashville, TN and heard about your family. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Trisha Cole

 
At Tue Aug 29, 09:45:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear John and Kellly, I'm sure you don't know who I am.I am Ellen Binford's father and an elder at S.H. We are concened and praying for litte Max. Sounds like you are in a good place for medical help. Medical science can do marvelous things, and I believe our God is in the background to supply all else that we need. Prayerfully concerned, Robert Wingfield.

 
At Tue Aug 29, 05:16:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a fellow realtor and member of EMTAR and after finding out about this little fellow named Max,I am praying fervently for him and all his family. I am a grandmama of two and have raised two children of my own.Max is a little darling and it seems as if God is taking care of him continually.He is God's child and as we all know, God loves all his children.I will continue to ask God to shine all his love and comfort and healing onto Max.God Bless You All!

 
At Tue Aug 29, 05:19:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a fellow realtor and member of EMTAR and after finding out about this little fellow named Max,I am praying fervently for him and all his family. I am a grandmama of two and have raised two children of my own.Max is a little darling and it seems as if God is taking care of him

 
At Thu Aug 31, 09:06:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Kelly,

I want you to know that everyday over 200 highschool students and teachers at Harding Academy are lifting your names up to the Father in prayer for baby Max. "Be strong and courageous, and do not be afraid!" I hope you can find comfort and rest in the knowledge that you are on the hearts of Christians all over the place. Continue looking for the good moments that you can share with your son and with each other, and remember, God knows what it's like to watch a son suffer. Hang in there, and find strength in faith.

prayerful,

Scott Diles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home